|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Dream Consultants -- TechShop Mid-Peninsula|
|Location: Redwood City, CA|
|Job Number: DC-MP|
We are now accepting applications for Dream Consultants! We seek two bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated Jacks and Jills-of-all-trades to work part time as Dream Consultants/facilities technicians at our TechShop Mid-Peninsula location.
TechShop's Dream Consultants (DCs) are the linchpins in our mission to provide a transformative experience for each and every one of our members. In this role, you'll need to be a mentor, coach, project planner, industrial designer, equipment operator, safety expert, software guru, instructor, sales person and everything in between. Above all else, your job is to encourage our members to believe in themselves and provide the real-time support and guidance they need to make progress on their projects. Dream Consultants work in many ways to ensure that TechShop is an environment where dreams are not just nurtured, but realized.
This is a great position for makers, artists, designers, recent graduates, teacher's assistants, student aides, shop techs, retirees or students looking to bolster their professional and creative skill set. We hire for personality as well as experience and will happily train the right candidate.
- Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members
- Making yourself available to members for questions and assistance
- Assisting members with their projects and in safely using equipment
- Brainstorming project design ideas and suggestions
- Building community through member engagement
- Giving tours to new and potential members
- Some materials and consumables inventory and handling
- Maintaining secured member project storage space
- Maintaining a clean and organized shop
- Performing equipment repairs and preventative maintenance
- Possessing a working knowledge of tools and equipment
- Performing general facilities maintenance and repair
- Performing consulting, training and prototyping services when needed
- Learning, knowing and enforcing TechShop rules and policies
- Completing daily shift checklists and End of Shift reports
|Ideal applicants have the following experience and skill sets:|
- Relevant industry, job or hobbyist experience
- Mentoring, student aide or teaching experience
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, Microsoft Office
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate shop and member issues
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Enjoy the process of learning/sharing knowledge and skills
Rate is $12/hour. Perks include free TechShop membership, free classes, equipment training, and the opportunity to work with an amazing group of peers and members.
Please, no phone calls about this position.