|Back to List of Job Openings|
|General Manager -- TechShop DC-Arlington|
|Location: Arlington, VA|
|Job Number: GM-DCA|
TechShop DC-Arlington Is Hiring Makers!
Ever dream of building a world class maker space next door to the nation’s capital? Here's your chance. As the GM of TechShop DC-Arlington you will lead the staffing, planning, and management of TechShop's eighth and newest open access DIY workshop and prototyping studio serving the maker community in the Greater DC area. Our ideal candidate will bring experience and skills that blend design, making, fabricating, and hacking of physical things along with experience managing resources and building, inspiring and coaching smart, highly creative teams of people to achieve goals while exceeding member and community expectations. You will leverage your experience and relationships with local makers, artists, hacker spaces, companies, universities, schools, museums and civic groups to drive membership and engage the maker community with relevant programs focused on membership, education, and events.
We open in late March 2014 and have lots to do between now and then, so we will need someone who can immerse themselves beginning immediately.
|• Undergraduate degree|
• 2 to 4 years experience recruiting, building and leading teams
• Working knowledge and experience in DIY and maker market and/or advanced manufacturing or rapid prototyping
• Track record of successful P&L ownership
• Razor sharp analytical skills; ability to support proposals and recommendations with compelling financial and quantitative information
• Ability to direct B2B sales strategy and manage Account Sales Management processes
• Proven ability to achieve revenue/EBITDA quotas
• Excellent relationships within the local store’s DIY community
Sound like your dream gig? Visit here for a full description of the position and benefits; complete our hiring questionnaire here; or send your resume and a compelling introductory letter to email@example.com.