|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Dream Consultant -- TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Location: ALLEN PARK, Mich.|
|Job Number: 004DT|
TechShop Detroit-Allen Park is now accepting applications for bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated "Jacks-and-Jills-of-all-trades" to work as closing shift Dream Consultants (DCs)/Facilities Technicians at our Detroit-Allen Park location.
TechShop DCs are the linchpins in our mission to provide a transformative experience for each and every one of our members. In this role, you'll need to be a mentor, coach, project planner, industrial designer, equipment operator, safety expert, software guru, instructor, sales person and everything in between. Above all else, your job is to encourage our members to believe in themselves and provide the real-time support and guidance they need to make progress on their projects. Dream Consultants work in many ways to ensure that TechShop is an environment where dreams are not just nurtured, but realized.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
• Knowing and enforcing all TechShop rules and policies
• Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members
• Building TechShop’s community through member engagement
• Being available to members for questions and assistance
• Giving tours to new and potential members
• Maintaining secured member project storage space
• Performing preventative maintenance and repair on TechShop equipment
• Possessing working knowledge of all TechShop tools and equipment
• Teaching Safety and Basic Use (SBU) classes when needed
• Performing general facilities maintenance, organization and cleaning
• Performing consulting, training and prototyping services when needed
• Completion of shift checklists and End of Shift reports
|• Relevant industry, job, or hobbyist experience|
• Mentoring or teaching experience
• Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
• Intermediate computer skills: proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, Word and Excel
• Ability to quickly learn the use of new tools and machines
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications
• Ability to effectively communicate shop and member issues
• Ability to maintain a clean and organized shop with attention to detail
• Enjoy the process of learning and sharing skills
Starting pay is $11-14/hour (based on experience)
Equipment training, full TechShop membership, free classes and the opportunity to work with an amazing group of peers and members.
Night owls take note: This is the closing shift. Must be available to work weekday and weekend nights. Part-time and full-time positions available.
Interested? Apply here or copy and paste this link in your browser of choice: http://tinyurl.com/TSDTDC
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply.
Please, no phone calls about this position.