|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Events Coordinator -- Detroit-Allen Park|
|Location: DETROIT-ALLEN PARK, Mich.|
|Job Number: EventC-DT|
TechShop Detroit seeks an energetic, detail-oriented, master of multi-tasking to take on the role of Events Coordinator.
The work of the Events Coordinator supports the special events arm of TechShop Detroit. By scheduling and producing special events, parties, team-building activities and corporate meetings, the Events Coordinator brings a meaningful, well organized and eye-opening TechShop Experience to groups of all sizes. In addition, the Events Coordinator play a significant role in building and supporting a vibrant and healthy membership community culture via internally-focused TechShop member group activities and meet-ups, as well as through individual member engagement.
• Operating as lead logistics project manager for special event production, including on- and off-premise public, private and corporate group events; TechShop promotional events; Motor City Innovation Exchange and Corporate Partner events
• Coordinating space and material resources for events, including business with vendors (e.g., furniture rental, catering)
• Managing network of on-call Event Facilitator staff and volunteers
• Participating in shop calendar management
• Operating within event budgets
• Developing, updating and managing detailed event timelines
• Managing digital library of event dossiers
Additional responsibilities in collaboration with other TechShop staff include:
• Soliciting corporate clients for events (work primarily with the Senior Accounts Manager)
• Assigning and directing staff for events (work primarily with TechShop Department Leads)
• Recruiting and assisting in training of volunteers and Event Facilitator staff
• Managing TechShop Detroit’s community building efforts, including in-person meet-ups and social media activity
• Able to provide exceptional customer service through clear communication and diligent fulfillment of client needs
• Feel comfortable and at home in a dynamic and changing environment
• Can be interrupted without losing focus
• Listen attentively and make easy conversation
• Enjoy solving problems for people
• Find peace and purpose in making order out of chaos
• Able to manage multiple projects with changing priorities
• Make members, visitors and clients feel like they have come home
• Able to work flexible shifts
• High energy with positive attitude
• Experience with careful record keeping; strong organizational skills
• Basic to intermediate computer skills, including the Internet, email, Google Apps and Microsoft Office
|• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred|
• Two years of event planning or equivalent experience preferred
• Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds
• You’re a “maker.” You create, modify, construct, assemble, repurpose
• You have a talent for and delight in using your hands and mind to create things. All disciplines, from auto mechanic to origami artist count!
Starting pay is $13-15/hour (based on experience). This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
Staff and employee perks include free TechShop membership, free classes, equipment training and the opportunity to be in on the ground floor of a fantastic start-up with an established record of success.
Submit letter of interest, resume and contact information for three referees to:
Will Brick, General Manager - TechShop Detroit
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Principals only. No recruiters. Do not contact about other services, products or commercial interests. Please, no phone calls about this position.