|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Education Coordinator -- TechShop San Francisco|
|Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Job Number: EdCoord_SF|
|We are looking for an energetic, focused and organized master of multitasking to take on the role of Education Coordinator at TechShop San Francisco. This is a full-time position.|
TechShop's Education Coordinator plays a critical role in making the TechShop machine work like clockwork. This person manages where, when and how our members and non-members alike engage with all of our available education resources, including our incredible classes and workshops.
In this position, you will ...
- Have primary responsibility for scheduling and maintaining a vibrant, well-rounded monthly calendar of standard TechShop classes and special topic workshops that appeal to our community and local market
- Work directly with the General Manager to manage the resources of the Education Department to deliver on revenue goals each month
- Be the primary contact and steward of the relationships we have with our local independently contracted instructors
- Actively manage an enthusiastic and professional level of engagement among the instructor roster
- Strive to implement continuing improvements to existing curricula as well as develop new and custom programs and curricula for special workshops and institutional clients
Include, but not limited to, the following:
- Managing all scheduling of TechShop San Francisco’s wide variety of classes and workshops
- Overall managing of shop instructor and class calendars (Google Calendar)
- Communicating any issues such as cancellations and rescheduling with instructors/staff/students
- Assisting General Manager in identifying, hiring and training new instructors
- Assisting General Manager in managing instructor/contractor relationships
- Working directly with TechShop instructors to schedule/develop new classes and workshops
- Communicating with fellow staff members to ensure classes/events/workshops go smoothly
- Working with the Senior Accounts Manager to develop and implement training programs for institutional clients, including large corporations and universities
- Collaborating with Events Coordinator and Dream Consultant (DC) Lead to program shop resources for special events and projects
- Performing local outreach and development of community building events/workshops
|The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skill set:|
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Familiarity with the maker community; preferably a maker or creative in some way
- Fantastic customer service skills coupled with a passion for professionalism
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Flexibility, adaptability to change
- Ability to be interrupted without losing focus
- Enjoys making order out of chaos
- Attentive listening skills; ability to make easy conversation
- Intermediate computer skills including Internet, email, Word and Excel proficiency
- Ability to write clear, concise instructions and class documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Ability to form and maintain genuine connections with others easily
- Google Apps wizardry (especially Google Calendar and Google Drive)
- Experience with QuickBooks and Adobe software a bonus
Starting pay is $16-18/hour (benefits available).
Perks include software, tools, and equipment training; full-access TechShop membership (plus 1 Friend or Family membership); free classes, workshops and attendance at special events; global network of talented co-workers; and an opportunity to be part of a local and world-changing company.
Sound interesting? Sound interesting? Get started by filling out an application now!
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply.
Please, no phone calls about this position.