|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Instructor: Laser Cutting, Powder Coating and Woodworking -- TechShop St. Louis|
|Location: St. Louis, MO|
|Job Number: INSTR-STL|
We are looking for a talented individual with teaching experience and a passion for making and building to join our team at TechShop St. Louis.
More than a building full of amazing tools, TechShop is a community of makers, builders, tinkerers, inventors and interesting people. As such, our instructors are an important element of the shop and are responsible for teaching machine skills, safety, etiquette and responsibility.
Are you a really rad and engaging person who knows lasers, woodworking and other fun stuff and would like to share your knowledge and expertise? We are specifically looking for someone is familiar with and can teach CAD to CAM VCarve, sand blaster, powder coater, and rotary laser classes. Our instructors work as contractors, teaching a minimum of 12 hours per month.
|The ideal candidates have the following:|
- Experience in instructional areas
- Teaching experience preferred
- Ability to work well with others and accommodate changing demands in a busy shop environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Start and end class on time
- Teach class content, as directed
- Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Inspire and encourage TechShop members
- Promote TechShop special offers at the end of class
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Manage class paperwork
- Evaluate student performance (pass/fail)
- Inform TechShop Facilities if class materials are running low
$20/hour. First month's TechShop membership is free, and instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month.
Get started by filling out an application here.
Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.