|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Instructors -- TechShop Detroit|
|Location: Allen Park, MI|
|Job Number: INSTR-DT|
We are looking for talented people with teaching experience and a passion for making and building to join our instructor team at TechShop Detroit.
More than a building full of amazing tools, TechShop is a community of makers, builders, tinkerers, inventors and interesting people. As such, our instructors are an important element of the shop and are responsible for teaching machine skills, safety, etiquette and responsibility. We look to our instructors to be inspirational to our community as well.
We are especially looking for individuals who are familiar with and can teach metalworking, woodworking (including CNC tools), mills and lathes (manual and CNC), CNC software, Autodesk CAD software, sheet metal and welding classes, DC Electronics, Arduino topics, Raspberry Pi and basic robotics. Instructors work as contractors, teaching at least 10 hours per month.
|Ideal applicants have the following experience and skill set:|
- Industry experience in instructional area
- Teaching experience, formal or informal
- Ability to work well with others and accommodate changing demands in a busy shop environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Start and end class on time
- Teach class content, as directed
- Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Inspire and encourage TechShop members
- Adapt teaching style to suit both inexperienced as well as experienced students on the fly.
- Promote TechShop special offers at the end of class
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Manage class paperwork
- Evaluate student performance (pass/fail)
- Inform TechShop Facilities if class materials are running low
- Produce accurate invoices and deliver them on-time
$20/hour for in-class time. Instructors earn a free membership when teaching 10 hours or more per month.
Get started by completing a TechShop Instructor application here: http://tinyurl.com/TSDTIN.
Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.