|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Dream Consultant -- TechShop San Francisco|
|Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Job Number: DC_SF|
We seek a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated Jack-or-Jill-of-all-trades to work as Dream Consultant/facilities technician at our TechShop San Francisco location. This is a full-time position.
TechShop's Dream Consultants (DCs) interact with and assist our members with their projects and in safely using TechShop's available equipment, as well as perform some machine maintenance and general facilities work. This includes materials and consumables inventory and handling as well as some shop upkeep and cleaning. Experience using basic hand tools is a must. Experience with design software, 3D printing, woodworking, welding, manual and CNC machining is highly desired, but we will train the right applicant.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (but aren't limited to)
- Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members
- Building TechShop's community through member engagement and support
- Being available to members for questions and assistance
- Giving tours to new and potential members
- Maintaining secured member project storage space
- Performing preventative and repair maintenance on TechShop equipment
- Teaching Safety and Basic Use (SBU) classes when needed
- Performing general facilities maintenance, organization and cleaning
- Performing consulting, training and prototyping services when needed
- Completion of shift checklists and End of Shift reports
- Knowing and enforcing all TechShop rules and policies
|The ideal applicant has the following experience and skill set:|
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Relevant industry, job or hobbyist experience
- Mentoring, student aide or teaching experience
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, Adobe Suite
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate shop and member issues
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Enjoy the process of learning/sharing knowledge and skills
Rate is $12.50-15/hour (benefits available). We are looking for someone to work Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday (closing shift) from 6PM-2:30AM.
Perks include software, tool and equipment training, full-access TechShop Membership (plus 1 Friend or Family membership); free classes, workshops and attendance at special events; global network of talented co-workers; and the opportunity to be part of a local and world-changing company!
Fill out this TechShop San Francisco Dream Consultant application!
Please, no phone calls about this position.