|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Member Ambassador -- TechShop DC-Arlington|
|Location: Arlington, VA|
|Job Number: MA-DCA|
Are you driven to help others “make” a real difference? TechShop is seeking a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to drive the recruitment, onboarding, and retention of TechShop members at our DC-Arlington location.
TechShop Member Ambassadors are vital to our mission of providing a transformative experience for makers and aspiring makers—anyone in our community who aspires to create and build their dreams. You will be responsible for greeting prospective members on their first visit to the shop; inquiring about their interests, projects, and goals; providing informative and customized tours; extending promotions and closing sales; and following up with members to ensure high levels of satisfaction and community engagement.
|The ideal candidate has the following experience and skill set:|
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge and experience in the DIY community and Maker Movement
- Strong analytical skills; ability to support proposals and recommendations with compelling financial and quantitative information
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 80% of the working day (giving tours requires the New Member Ambassador to walk new and prospective members through TechShop, including shop environments such as machine shop, welding studio, woodshop, etc.)
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
The ideal candidate is an engagingly personable and approachable person driven by a desire to help others and achieve goals. As such, this person does the following:
Click here for a full description of the position.
- Recruits and on-boards new TechShop members
- Acts as a tour guide for prospective new members and works to increase tour-to-member conversion rates
- Develops tour training programs for other TechShop staff and conducts training as necessary to develop stronger selling skills across the organization
- Works with the GM and TechShop senior management team to improve new member sales promotions, retention tools, and loyalty programs
- Tracks and reports key performance metrics, including tour volume, tour-to-member conversion rates, referral data, etc.
- Proactively engages members to ensure they are actively using their memberships and taking classes, focusing most on new members within the first 90-day window
- Acts as initial point of contact for members seeking additional support and guidance
- Reaches out to Gift Card purchasers/recipients and encourages activation
- Proactively engages members who have memberships that are about to expire or have just expired and works to keep their memberships in good standing through special offers and personal engagement
- Works with GM to foster a sense of ownership and belonging among TechShop members by gathering, organizing, and distributing internal feedback from potential, current, and former members; responding to complaints; making suggestions for improvement based on this feedback; and implementing appropriate suggestions and improvements
- Works with the GM and store leadership team to create and improve community building programs, such as meet-ups, social events, and workshops
Sound interesting? Apply here.
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Please, no phone calls about this position.