|Back to List of Job Openings|
|STEAM Coordinator & Educator -- TechShop Austin-Round Rock|
|Location: Round Rock, TX|
|Job Number: STEAMCoord-ARR|
We are looking for an energetic, focused and organized master of multitasking to take on the role of STEAM Coordinator at TechShop Austin-Round Rock. This is a full-time position.
The STEAM Coordinator is a team leader with business management skills and a passion for building relationships with educators and schools in the community, maintaining and developing in-house and external youth programming, and engaging with current members in a way that will be suited to improving overall customer experience. The STEAM Coordinator works closely with the General Manager and Education Coordinator, fellow staff members, the community, event organizers, vendors, and TechShop members of all ages, so fantastic teamwork and customer services skill are essential.
In this position, you will ...
- Be responsible for organization and management of youth-related STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, mathematics) offerings – including identifying when the hiring of additional educators is needed
- Maintain ongoing relationships with external partners (e.g., schools, teachers, and educators) and providing an ongoing growth-based agenda for Youth Education
- Be responsible for organizing means for funding of programming – through grants, memberships, and achieving goals as set by the GM forecast
- Identify needs in the community where TechShop could be utilized externally in partnership with schools and universities for youth programming
- Assemble all necessary items for off-site programming, including coordination of additional staff, as needed
- Coordinate external communication with schools and educational facilities throughout our primary demographic to ensure our in-house programming is at capacity whenever possible
- Work with existing members and partners to further bridge the needs for youth programming
|The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skill set:|
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Working knowledge and experience in DIY and maker market and/or advanced manufacturing or rapid prototyping
- Experience with event and/or education scheduling and management of multiple events; large scale and small
- Fantastic customer service skills coupled with a passion for professionalism
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Teamwork and effective time management skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Internet, email, Word and Excel proficiency
- Ability to write clear, concise instructions and class documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to react and change plans under short notice
- Ability to form and maintain genuine connections with others easily
- Google Apps wizardry (especially Google Calendar and Google Drive)
- Experience with QuickBooks and Adobe software a bonus
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Pay is $15/hour.
Perks include software, tools, and equipment training; TechShop membership; free classes, workshops and attendance at special events; global network of talented co-workers; and an opportunity to be part of a local and world-changing company.
Sound interesting? Sound interesting? Get started by filling out an application now!
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Please, no phone calls about this position.