WKS810: Bat House
Class Number 1738-116047
Expand on your woodworking skills while helping an endangered species!
Having a bat living nearby is beneficial to your whole neighborhood. One bat can eat over a thousand bugs in one night, providing a natural pest control.
During this workshop, you will learn the proper construction of a bat house, paint/stain choices, and also the best installation practices for different climate regions.
This is a 4-hour workshop. Upon completion, you will have a home for bats, ready to be installed for our furry friends.
WOD101 is required before you take this workshop.
Project: Wood bat box
Prerequisites: Successful completion of WOD101: Woodshop SBU prior to taking this class
Equipment access: Woodshop
Minimum age: 16
Supervision requirements: None
- Mandatory: Closed-toe shoes, eye protection, short sleeves, face shield
- Advisable: Hearing protection and particle filter or dust mask when in the woodshop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:|
|Class Date:||Friday, Nov 3, 2017|
|Start Time:||6:00 PM|
|Class Length:||4 Hours|
|Member Price:||$60.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||16 and Up|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.