WKS808: Wooden Garden Bench
Class Number 1703-111376
Increase your woodworking skills and build a beautiful project for your home!
In this 2-part workshop, your instructor will walk you through the process of building a functional garden bench and also show you woodworking techniques you can apply to future projects and help you streamline your own woodworking procedures. This workshop is designed to help you budget your time for large projects as well as increase your confidence using the tools in the woodshop.
Your instructor will give you ideas on customizing the bench with other areas of the shop, such as embellishments from the waterjet or laser cutters.
After this workshop, you will have a full-size bench that you may paint, stain, or leave to weather naturally.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of WOD101: Woodshop SBU is required before taking this class
Project: Wooden Garden Bench
- Mandatory: Closed-toe shoes, eye protection, short sleeves, and a face shield
- Advisable: Hearing protection and a particle filter or dust mask when in the woodshop
Unlimited Class Passes are not valid for use with multi-session workshops.
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:|
|Class Date:||Saturday, Aug 19, 2017|
|Start Time:||12:00 PM|
|Class Length:||8 Hours|
|Member Price:||$80.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||16 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||16 through 17|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.