WKS805: Custom Signs 1: Sign Making on the ShopBot
Class Number 1700-111290
Apply skills you learned in the ShopBot SBU to create a custom-designed sign. Welcome guests to your cabin, design a unique house number display, or inscribe a favorite saying to adorn your wall.
Once you learn how to apply these skills to your own projects, the sky's the limit!
You will be using VCarve and CorelDRAW on the ShopBot to create your design. Your experienced instructor will help you determine design aesthetic, font alignment, and procedural steps to make your ideas work.
After this workshop, you will have a custom sign to take home, which you may paint, stain, or leave to weather naturally. Though the sign will be made from hardwood in class, you will be given the option of adding suggested embellishments in other mediums from the laser cutters, waterjet, or preferred machine on your own.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of CNC302
Project: Wooden sign
- Mandatory: Closed-toe shoes, eye protection, short sleeves, face shield
Advisable: Hearing protection and particle filter or dust mask when in the woodshop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:|
|Class Date:||Sunday, Aug 20, 2017|
|Start Time:||10:00 AM|
|Class Length:||4 Hours|
|Member Price:||$40.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||16 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||16 through 17|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.