WKS100: CNC Mini Lathe Build
Class Number 1707-101786
Joe Katona and Ron Ginger return from last year's CNC Workshop Mini Mill build class to guide students through the conversion of a high quality, bench top lathe to CNC control.
The machine will feature CNC threading capabilities, a unique feature for such a low cost, bench top CNC lathe. A lathe conversion is a first for the CNC workshop and will be quite popular.
Enrollment is limited to 12 spots, so don't miss out!
Note: Build classes start Monday, April 24th.
An experienced instructor will guide the class through the entire conversion process as participants build a working, bench top CNC machine. Each student will purchase a selection of a machine along with appropriate controls, motors, mechanical components, and software. The student can be confident all the components will work together to build a successful machine. By the end of class, each participant will have a fully functional CNC machine to take home!
Build classes require pre-payment of the system cost. Shipping charges are included in the price. Students are responsible for getting the completed system from the workshop to their home.
All necessary tools will be provided, but you may bring your favorite hand tools if you prefer. Tools needed include screwdrivers, pliers, allen keys, small wrenches, nut drivers, etc.
You will need to provide a computer for checking out the system, and the class will include training on the use of the machine. A laptop is probably the easiest PC to bring, but a desktop can be accommodated if needed. Exact PC requirements will be provided before the session.
- Based on the Little Machine Shop 7 X 16 Mini Lathe
- 2-axis lathe operation with threading
- Ball screws (preloaded) on all axes
- Travel is the same as the base, manual lathe
- Mach 4 machine control software
- Pokey controller with laptop operation
- Spindle on/off and speed control
- Limit switch and Home switch
- Basic tooling package included
This is pre-registration to reserve your seat in the build class. You will still need to purchase your machine, conversion parts, and supplies. TechShop will provide you with instructions for purchasing those items prior to the class. Final cost has not yet been determined but is anticipated to be $2,500 - $3500.
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:||CNC Classroom|
|Class Date:||Monday, Apr 24, 2017|
|Start Time:||9:30 AM|
|Class Length:||16 Hours|
|Age Range:||16 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||14 and Up|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 4 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.