|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Front Desk Inceptionist – TechShop San Jose|
|Location: San Jose, CA|
|Job Number: FD-SJ|
We are currently taking applications for a bright, detail-oriented, people person to join our TechShop San Jose team as a Front Desk Inceptionist.
TechShop's Front Desk Inceptionists are our “experience catalysts” and work to ensure our members have the information they need to get the most out of and enjoy their time in the shop. In this position, you are our first point of contact and expected be a service leader!
Going the extra mile to address a customer's needs should come naturally to you. Your beaming smile is always present and your personality is both welcoming and attentive. This is a great position for Etsy artists, crafters, makers, retirees or students. We hire for personality as well as experience and will happily train the right candidate. If you are interested in helping us launch and grow a world class, open-access DIY workshop and prototyping studio to serve the Bay Area’s burgeoning maker community, we want to hear from you.
• Greeting members, students and customers when they enter the lobby
• Answering general shop questions in person, on the phone and via email
• Articulating and enforcing TechShop rules and policies
• Making equipment reservations for TechShop members
• Preparing class materials for TechShop instructors for our wide variety of classes held daily
• Processing payments for membership, classes and retail sales
• Entering data, including filing membership and class paperwork
• Mastering TechShop's customer management system (CMS)
• Effectively communicating shop and member issues to appropriate staff
• Completing shift checklists and End of Shift reports daily
• Assisting facilities staff in providing shop tours as needed
• Assisting facilities staff in maintaining a clean and organized shop
|• Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work with people|
• Successful administrative, health club, salon or food server background
• Efficient, friendly and genuine manner; ability to make others feel welcome and communicate warmth instantly
• Ability to listen attentively and make easy conversation
• Love to solve problems for people
• Ability to multi-task; can be interrupted without losing focus and pick back up where you left off
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Find peace and purpose in making order out of chaos
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Basic to intermediate computer skills including the Internet and email
• Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Word and Excel
Starting pay is $8-11/hour (based on experience).
Sound interesting? Send your resume and a compelling letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.