|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Front Desk Inceptionist – TechShop Mid-Peninsula|
|Location: Redwood City, CA|
|Job Number: FD-MP|
TechShop Mid-Peninsula seeks a bright, detail oriented, people person to join our staff as a part-time front desk receptionist.
TechShop is a membership-based workshop that provides its members with access to tools, equipment, instruction, and a community of creative and supportive people so they can build the things they have always wanted to make.
TechShop offers an incredible array of machinery, tools and equipment including milling machines, lathes, MIG and TIG welders, a CNC waterjet cutter, sheet metal working equipment, drill presses, band saws, industrial sewing machines, plastics and woodworking equipment including a 4' x 8' ShopBot CNC router, electronics design, testing and fabrication equipment, Epilog 60W laser cutters, powder coating equipment, 3D printers, a Tormach 4Axis CNC mill, and the design software needed to run it all. In other words, pretty much everything you'd ever need to make just about anything.
- Greeting members, students and customers when they enter the lobby
- Answering general shop questions in person, on the phone and via email
- Assisting in enforcing TechShop rules and policies
- Making equipment reservations for TechShop members
- Preparing class materials for TechShop instructors for our wide variety of classes held daily
- Processing payments for membership, classes and retail sales
- Entering data, including filing membership and class paperwork
- Mastering TechShop's customer management system (CMS)
- Effectively communicating shop and member issues to appropriate staff
- Completing shift checklists and End of Shift reports daily
- Assisting facilities staff in providing shop tours as needed
- Assisting facilities staff in maintaining a clean and organized shop
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work with people
- Successful administrative, health club, salon or food server background
- Efficient, friendly and genuine manner; ability to make others feel welcome and communicate warmth instantly
- Ability to listen attentively and make easy conversation
- Love to solve problems for people
- Ability to multi-task; can be interrupted without losing focus and pick back up where you left off
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Find peace and purpose in making order out of chaos
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Basic to intermediate computer skills, including the Internet, email and Excel
- Experience with Google Apps and Microsoft Office
Starting pay is $10/hour.
Perks include free TechShop membership, free classes, equipment training, and the opportunity to work with an amazing group of peers and members.
Sound interesting? Click here, and complete the online form.
Note: Only applications submitted in this manner will be considered. Please, no phone calls about this job!
Not all applicants will receive a reply. Thank you in advance for your time!