|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Events Coordinator -- TechShop Chandler|
|Location: Chandler, AZ|
|Job Number: EventC-CHA|
Full-Time Event Planning, Development and Execution Expert Needed!
TechShop Chandler seeks an energetic, detail-oriented, master of multitasking to take on the role of our Events Coordinator.
The work of the Events Coordinator supports the special events arm of TechShop Chandler. By scheduling and producing special events, parties, team-building activities and corporate meetings, the Events Coordinator brings a meaningful, well organized and eye-opening TechShop experience to groups of all sizes. In addition, the Events Coordinator plays a significant role in building and supporting a vibrant and healthy membership community culture via internally focused TechShop member group activities and meet-ups, as well as through individual member engagement. The Event Coordinator reports to the General Manager and also takes direction from the Education Coordinator.
This is a full-time (40 hour/week) position.
• Operate as lead logistics project manager for special event production
• Coordinate space and material resources for events, including business with vendors (e.g., furniture rental, catering)
• Manage network of on-call Event Facilitator staff and volunteers
• Participate in shop calendar management
• Operate within event budgets
• Develop, update and manage detailed event timelines
• Manage digital library of event dossiers
In Collaboration with Other TechShop Staff
• Solicit corporate clients for events (work primarily with the Senior Accounts Manager)
• Assign and direct staff for events (work primarily with TechShop Department Leads)
• Recruit and assist in training of volunteers and Event Facilitator staff (work primarily with the Education Coordinator)
• Manage TechShop Chandler's community building efforts, including in-person meet-ups and social media activity (work in collaboration with Front Desk Staff)
|• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred |
• Two years of event planning or equivalent experience preferred
• Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service through clear communication and diligent fulfillment of client needs. This includes external clients (events clients, rental companies) and internal clients (TechShop staff members, Event Facilitator staff, TechShop members)
• Comfortable and at home in a dynamic and changing environment
• Ability to be interrupted without losing focus
• Listen attentively, can make easy conversation, able to make people feel welcome
• Enjoy solving problems for people
• Find peace and purpose in making order out of chaos
• Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities
• High energy with positive attitude
• Ability to work flexible shifts
• Experience with careful record keeping; great organizational skills
• Basic to intermediate computer skills including Internet, email, Google Apps, Word and Excel
Even better, you’re a maker. You create, modify, construct, assemble, repurpose. You have a talent for and delight in using your hands and mind to create things. All disciplines, from auto mechanic to origami artist, count!
COMPENSATION & PERKS
Starting pay is $13-15/hour (based on experience). Perks include full TechShop membership, free classes, free classes and the opportunity to be part of a fantastic start-up with an established record of success.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, and any character references. We look forward to hearing from you!