|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Dream Consultant -- TechShop Austin-Round Rock|
|Location: Round Rock, TX|
|Job Number: DC-ARR|
Makers, Hackers, Machinists, Artists, and Designers, TechShop Needs You!
We are now accepting applications for a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated Jack-or-Jill-of-all-trades to work as a Dream Consultant/Facilities Technician at our TechShop Austin-Round Rock location.
In this position, you will oversee and assist our members with their projects and in safely using TechShop's available equipment, as well as perform some machine maintenance and general facilities work. This includes materials and consumables inventory and handling as well as some shop upkeep and cleaning. Experience using basic hand tools is a must. Experience with electrical work, welding, and manual and CNC machining is highly desired, but we will train the right applicant.
• Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members
• Making yourself available to members for questions and assistance
• Assisting members with their projects and in safely using equipment
• Building the TechShop community through member engagement
• Giving tours to new and potential members
• Some materials and consumables inventory and handling
• Maintaining secured member project storage space
• Maintaining a clean and organized shop
• Performing equipment repairs and preventative maintenance
• Possessing a working knowledge of tools and equipment
• Performing general facilities maintenance and repair
• Performing consulting, training and prototyping services when needed
• Completing daily shift checklists and End of Shift reports
• Knowing and enforcing all TechShop rules and policies
|• Relevant industry, job or hobbyist experience|
• Mentoring or teaching experience
• Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
• Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications
• Ability to effectively communicate shop and member issues
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail
• Enjoy the process of learning/sharing knowledge and skills
Starting pay is $11-$14/hour (based on experience).
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.