|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Front Desk Lead – TechShop San Jose|
|Location: San Jose, CA|
|Job Number: FDLead-SJ|
Do you excel in a fast paced environment? Can you wear many hats at one time and stay calm? If so, we are looking for you!
We are seeking a bright, detail-oriented, people person with office, finance and management experience to join our team Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10AM-7PM as Front Desk Lead.
Our Front Desk team members are TechShop's “experience catalysts” and work to ensure our members have the information they need to get the most out of and enjoy their time in the shop. As Front Desk lead, you will supervise the Front Desk team and report to the General Manager.
• Manage Front Desk employees (called Inceptionists), including scheduling
• Manage CRM entry/maintenance at store level
• Order office supplies
• Order kitchen supplies
• Manage retail center
• Oversee staff roll-out of sales and promotions
• Ensure Front Desk area is clean and orderly
• Manage janitorial staff
• Manage the info.sj mailbox
• Manage on-site storage
• Assist Store Manager as necessary
• Maintain the Front Desk Processes guidebook
|• At least 5 years’ experience managing a staff of 10 or more|
• At least 3 years’ experience with event management for 35 or more participants
• Ability to manage multiple calendars on a daily basis
• Able to handle multiple customers at one time, able to multi-task
• Full charge bookkeeper with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with QuickBooks
• Five years of retail experience, including inventory management and cash handling
• Ability to handle purchasing for multiple locations
• Five years’ experience as an office manager or executive assistant
• Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, QuickBooks and Google Docs
COMPENSATION & PERKS
Pay is $15/hour.
Perks include equipment training, full TechShop membership, free classes and the opportunity to work with an amazing group of peers and members.
Sound interesting? APPLY HERE!