|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Dream Consultants -- TechShop Detroit|
|Location: Allen Park, MI|
|Job Number: DC-DT|
TechShop Detroit seeks bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated Jacks- and Jills-of-all-trades to work as full- or part-time Dream Consultants (DC)/facilities technician.
TechShop Dream Consultants (DCs) are the linchpins in our mission to provide a transformative experience for each and every one of our members. In this role you'll need to be a mentor, coach, project planner, industrial designer, equipment operator, safety expert, software guru, instructor, sales person and everything in between. Above all else, your job is to encourage our members to believe in themselves and provide the real-time support and guidance they need to make progress on their projects. Dream Consultants work in many ways to ensure that TechShop is an environment where dreams are not just nurtured, but realized.
These include (but not limited to) the following:
- Knowing and enforcing all TechShop rules and policies
- Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members
- Building TechShop’s community through member engagement
- Actively seeking to provide assistance to members and answering their questions
- Giving tours to new and potential members
- Maintaining secured member project storage space
- Performing preventative maintenance and repair on TechShop equipment
- Possessing working knowledge of all TechShop tools and equipment
- Teaching Safety and Basic Use (SBU) classes when needed
- Performing general facilities maintenance, organization and cleaning
- Performing consulting, training and prototyping services when needed
- Completion of shift checklists and End of Shift reports
|The following experience and skill set are especially preferred:|
- Relevant industry, job or hobbyist experience
- Mentoring or teaching experience
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills: proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn the use of new tools and machines
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate shop and member issues
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized shop with attention to detail
- Enjoy the process of learning and sharing skills
Pay is $11-13/hour, based on experience.
Equipment training, full TechShop membership, free classes and the opportunity to work with an amazing group of colleagues and members.
Apply here or type this link in your browser of choice: http://tinyurl.com/TSDTDC
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.