It is our goal at TechShop to empower members to safely and successfully learn and use the equipment we provide access to in each facility. To that end, we have some policies and procedures that all class attendees need to be aware of and follow. We appreciate how important your projects are to you and we want to be sure you can successfully complete them as quickly as you can.
When you come to TechShop, please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes. If you are taking a welding, plasma cutter, or metal casting class, we also recommend that you wear natural fiber long pants and a natural fiber long-sleeved shirt. For machining classes, please wear a short-sleeved shirt, tie back long hair, and leave loose jewelry at home.
- Arrive 10 - 15 minutes before your class is to start so you have time to check in.
- Please be early. If you arrive after the class is already in progress, you will not be permitted to come in.
- All classes are pass/fail. If you don't pass a class, you may retake it at half price.
- No cell phones or texting are allowed during class; you will not pass if you are not fully engaged in the class.
- If you can't make it to a class for any reason, you must notify the TechShop where your class is to be held at least 24 hours prior to your class to release your seat. No refunds or class credits will be issued for cancelations if you do not call prior to 24 hours before the start of the scheduled class.
- While all classes at TechShop are subject to change, we make every attempt to contact registered students via phone and/or email prior to the originally scheduled class.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Please see here for our full family policies.
- You may register for a class online, over the phone, or in person at the Front Desk in any TechShop.
- If you are unable to attend a class, you must call the TechShop where your class is held and cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your class to cancel your seat. There is no refund or class credit available if you do not call prior to 24 hours before the start of the class.
View or print TechShop's Refund Policy.